Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Gunite Spa jet retrofit

1. Back To Top    #1

Gunite Spa jet retrofit

long time reader, first time poster here.

We have a 15 year old gunite spa. Over the years of opening and closing, the spa jet components have either disappeared or cracked. There are 8 total, 4 eyeball type, 4 whirly type.

The whirlys I believe to be Balboa/Hydro Air Microssage 15-5230s.

The eyeballs I believe are Balboa/Hydro Air 10-3420s. They have 1.5 inch eyeballs with threaded retaining rings that look to be 1.5 inch npt. These are the ones I would like to retofit. My main question is, are the main plaster escutcheons typically solvent welded on, or are they threaded and screwed on?

I don't want to open a can of worms if they are welded on. If they're threaded, obviously much simpler to deal with.

I have photos of when we built the pool/spa, but I cannot tell how the actual end of the T was attached after the plastering.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Pleasanton, CA

Re: Gunite Spa jet retrofit

The exterior fittings are usually screwed on so you can move them around. But that doesn't always mean they will come off easily.
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner