Polaris 9450 vs. Aquabot Rapids 1500

dpdeleon

Bronze Supporter
Jun 2, 2016
NJ
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the polaris 9450. There are two things I've read about it that are starting to trouble me. The first is that the cord does not have swivel so having seen the problems with my aquabot turbo t2 and the cord tangling I don't want to go through that again. Secondly, I'm wondering how fine the cartridge may be. I've read reviews where users have said the it simply blows the debris out to have it picked up by the filter.

My aquabot lasted 8 years so I'm hesitating on un-boxing the Polaris and considering purchasing the Aquabot rapids 1500.

Does anyone have any experience with the Polaris?

Thanks,
- dpd

I had a Polaris 9300 that was junk the cable kept on tangling up (The cleaner it self did a great job but the cord was junk)
there is no swivel on this design
I ended up giving it away in buying a
dolphin titan plus

I would never recommend those cleaners

I have a Polaris 9450. I think this unit is great! I have used it since opening the pool in April 2016. My cord does not tangle (much) and when it does it has not caused problems for the unit. The cord does not have a swivel, true, but that has not caused a problem with my unit.
The Polaris 9450 cleans very well both floors and walls. It filters coarse and fine debris. It has never gotten hung up on objects in the pool such as drains.
I am very happy with my 9450 and would consider one again!

I was just about to post and ask for opinions myself.

I've had the aquabot turbo T2, no problems noted, excellent cleaner, but it was finally time to replace it.

Just got the Polaris 9450 from Amazon. Love the design and functionality. Very slick machine. Pretty good reviews. Couple of things I don't like.

Doesn't seem to climb walls too well, especially once it has collected some debris in the collection bay. I think the impeller location being in the rear instead of on top maybe affecting this. Top impeller on the T2 seemed to add some downward force that may have helped keep it on the walls and floors.

I HAVE seen it expelling dust or dirt out of the impeller port while its cleaning leading me to believe it's not filtering everything. As a result, the particles float and are either collected in the skimmer or settle back down after the bot is gone.

I've noticed that the water leaving the impeller port creates a fair amount of turbulence behind it again kicking up dirt and debris for the skimmers to pick up.

I think the design flaw is in the location of the impeller. Though I like everything else, I bought the bot so it would do a good job cleaning. I think I'm going to send it back this week.

I'm looking at the Dolphin Triton on Amazon. Any opinions on that?

Hope I've helped.

Last edited:
I have the Polaris 9550 version which is basically the same as the 9450, except it has a remote and I can customize the cleaning cycle a little more. Replacing the general purpose canister with the Ultra fine sand and silt canister would solve the issue of the cleaner spitting dust or dirt out of the impeller. I have the fine sand and silt canister and I do not experience that issue. My unit also seems to climb the walls without any problems (I empty the canister after each cleaning cycle).

I usually set the timer for 2 1/2 hours and the pool is spotless. I have a 20,000 gallon in ground vinyl liner pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.