Saint Louis, MO
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Just wanted to pop in and say "hello". I now own a house with a large IG pool (27400 gal) that we switched over to a salt-water system (Hayward AQR15/T15). Too high on salt (4200ish) and prob. CYA (strip shows 100 or so and that's probably not far off based on how much I added). My K2006 test is in the mail and I'll give some test numbers when I can.

Pool was blue briefly but I still haven't seen the bottom (8' 8"). It remained cloudy and then I swept/brushed most of the algae from the winter (still filtering out, I guess). Also I see a high CYA requires a high FC (which probably runs my SWG harder than I ought), so I'm planning on draining 20% off to get the salt down (needs to anyway) and see what the CYA does.

Any advice (drain away? wait for your test kit?), I'll post some real numbers in another forum when I get my kit, my "Basic 4 Test Kit" earlier today showed FC = 7-8ppm I'm guessing, off scale; pH = 7.4; TA 120ppm.

I'm excited to have joined such a friendly and knowledgeable community!

Welcome to TFP!

Check the show sig box under your text box to show your signature.

The recommended CYA for a saltwater pool is 70-80. Let's wait for the K-2006 before making any adjustments to CYA. Keep your FC in the 7-8 range until then.