Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: glx cells and warranty

1. Back To Top    #1

glx cells and warranty

anyone here well versed in t cell failures and warranty? i had a 3 year t15 that i received a replacement for about 9 months ago. the shop i dealt with does direct swap in the shop, so it cost me nothing. he gave me the impression that the cells in general are a crapshoot as to whether i even get a year out of either version. well now 9 months later, i'm reading 2700 with a drop test reading of 4000. does anyone know if they end your replacements after the first replacement, or if you keep having sub year failures, can you just keep getting replacements indefinitely?
    IG, PebbleTech, 26 x 15 kindey+spa, 16000 approx. gals, 2.25hp 2 spd hayward pump, 2 1/2 plumbing, cartridge filter, SWG, navigator, Long Beach, CA

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: glx cells and warranty

Usually it's from the initial purchase date only, but it's worth a shot.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: glx cells and warranty

ok, the first failed at 2 years and 6 months, so it's past the first unit warranty, but i wasn't sure how the warranty worked on the replacement unit.

thanks
    IG, PebbleTech, 26 x 15 kindey+spa, 16000 approx. gals, 2.25hp 2 spd hayward pump, 2 1/2 plumbing, cartridge filter, SWG, navigator, Long Beach, CA