Finally got k-2006 Test- anything to adjust?

m_more

May 16, 2014
Montgomery, NY
Soo our test kid finally arrived. We had some sandpaper type of stuff on the pool walls but not on the floor (husband got in and scrubbed.. hehe). It came off without much effort with a scotch brite blue scrub sponge. Didn't come back.

Our pool has been crystal clear since opened it and got all the nasty stuff out. But here are the results of my testing. I seem to be at the top of the TA and borderline CC? I did the test with both the 10ml mark and the 25ml and first got barely .4... Water looked clear at the first drop but husband swore he "could see leftover pink"... when I did the .10 sample water barely turned pink. But it took one drop to turn it Crystal clear.

FC. 3
CC. .4 or .5?
Ph. 7.5
Ta. 120
Ch. 190-200 (did two tests today)
CYA under 30 almost disappeared at 30

Go swimming. Numbers are fine.

FC will need to be replenished (Like a pet -- feed it every day)
CC of .5 or less is treated as zero
pH of 7.5 is great
TA 120 will come down over time whenever you lower pH with acid.
CH is low, which is no problem in a vinyl pool
CYA is borderline. Might want to raise that.

Now here's a tip for the CYA: if you don't have a partial bottle of stabilizer, don't go out and spend twenty bucks on one. Two 8 ounce Trichlor pucks will raise CYA to about 40. And while they;re doing that, they'll be adding FC, so you might not even have to add any bleach for a couple days. They'll also bring down the TA and pH a little. If you have some laying around, use 'em! Or beg a couple from a neighbor or a pool service tech. Some pool stores even sell them individually wrapped.

We have leftover stabilizer!!! I added a few scoops of it a few days ago. I'll add a few more ounces tomorrow. Thank You!!! I let the kids swim in it since it was sooooo clear today.

Thank You!!! I did all the tests twice except for the CYA and it wasn't as overwhelming as it looks. No wonder this is so recommended by you guys. It's so accurate! Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.