Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Finally got k-2006 Test- anything to adjust?

1. Back To Top    #1

Finally got k-2006 Test- anything to adjust?

Soo our test kid finally arrived. We had some sandpaper type of stuff on the pool walls but not on the floor (husband got in and scrubbed.. hehe). It came off without much effort with a scotch brite blue scrub sponge. Didn't come back.

Our pool has been crystal clear since opened it and got all the nasty stuff out. But here are the results of my testing. I seem to be at the top of the TA and borderline CC? I did the test with both the 10ml mark and the 25ml and first got barely .4... Water looked clear at the first drop but husband swore he "could see leftover pink"... when I did the .10 sample water barely turned pink. But it took one drop to turn it Crystal clear.

FC. 3
    CC. .4 or .5?
    Ph. 7.5
    Ta. 120
    Ch. 190-200 (did two tests today)
    CYA under 30 almost disappeared at 30
    AG Intex 16'x48" ultra-frame pool. 16" intex sand filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Finally got k-2006 Test- anything to adjust?

Go swimming. Numbers are fine.

FC will need to be replenished (Like a pet -- feed it every day)
    CC of .5 or less is treated as zero
    pH of 7.5 is great
    TA 120 will come down over time whenever you lower pH with acid.
    CH is low, which is no problem in a vinyl pool
    CYA is borderline. Might want to raise that.

Now here's a tip for the CYA: if you don't have a partial bottle of stabilizer, don't go out and spend twenty bucks on one. Two 8 ounce Trichlor pucks will raise CYA to about 40. And while they;re doing that, they'll be adding FC, so you might not even have to add any bleach for a couple days. They'll also bring down the TA and pH a little. If you have some laying around, use 'em! Or beg a couple from a neighbor or a pool service tech. Some pool stores even sell them individually wrapped.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

We have leftover stabilizer!!! I added a few scoops of it a few days ago. I'll add a few more ounces tomorrow. Thank You!!! I let the kids swim in it since it was sooooo clear today.

Thank You!!! I did all the tests twice except for the CYA and it wasn't as overwhelming as it looks. No wonder this is so recommended by you guys. It's so accurate! Thanks.

4. Back To Top    #4

Nice work!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach