HELP!- In-floor sounds like a volcano erupting. What to do?

May 18, 2009
I have a 18,000 gal with Pentair pump and in-floor cleaning. At night when it goes into clean mode there is so much air coming out of the in-floor that it often wakes us up. The ground actually vibrates from the air purge. I can't find any leaks and have tried turning off the Ozone generator inflow completely (that lets a little air in). Any suggestions?

Thanks SPISHEX, I asume the in-floor control valve is that clamshell like unit with about 6 pipes surrounding a center pipe, all going underground, right? It has a lid and clamping device all around it. If it is, how difficult is it to open it up to replace the o-ring?

I have a feeling you are right on this BTW because I do recall noticing that my pump seems to delay getting prime until the in-floor valve cycles around to a specifc inlet pipe. (My Pentair 2-speed is not getting prime right now either). And my Jandy Aqualink RS has gone on the fritz as well! Man when it rains........

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.