Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wet Niche Fixture

1. Back To Top    #1

Wet Niche Fixture

So my wet niche light hasn't worked since we bought the house last year. I pulled the lamp housing out and this is a picture of it. It uses a 400 watt Edison base lamp. The gasket is pretty much useless so I would like to change the whole thing. I don't want an incandescent lamp so my question is this, does anyone know of a good quality LED conversion for this model? My wiring is good from the junction box to my switch and circuit breaker.0905151400.jpg
    20000 gal in ground gunite
    Hayward s200 sand filter
    Hayward 1.5up single speed pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Wet Niche Fixture

I've not done it personally, but I found a some previous discussions that I hope might help you:
    Incandescent to LED Conversion
    LED Conversion kits for AmerQuartz and Astralpool 21626
    Sta Rite Sunlight to LED conversion??
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you very much!
    20000 gal in ground gunite
    Hayward s200 sand filter
    Hayward 1.5up single speed pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Maybe I am confused but why not just gt an edison based LED that is for pools. You just screw it in and done. Cost from 60-200 depending on what youre after and the like. It'll already have a built in heat sink and no modifications needed.

Jared
    33k IG Gunite, Hayward T-15 Cell SWG, Hayward Sand Filter S210T , Pump Wisper Flo 1.5 HP, Test Kit K-2006