Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ordered my TF100 Today!

1. Back To Top    #1

Ordered my TF100 Today!

My first season as a pool owner was great. Followed pool builder's advise. Kept the pool balanced with my little test kit he gave me. Pool was algae free, bright & clear. I was quite proud of myself. This spring things headed south...after two months of being told by local pool store that I just had pollen in the pool. "Just brush more," he said. Now, I've got a full blown mustard algae bloom. I purchased the copper algaecide that he recommended. Shocked the pool like he recommended. Cleaned the filter like he recommended. But y'all know exactly what happened...that's why I'm here. Just sprung for the two day shipping on the test kit, so I can start SLAMMING this week. Currently "going" to pool school, so wish me luck. First hurdle, cleaning the slime off the filter cartridges. This site has been amazing on advise to get me started. I'll chime in if I need extra help. Thanks!!
    22,000 gallon/Inground Freeform Pool w/ Raised Spa (2014), Midnight Blue QuartzBrite, Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump, Pentair Clear & Clear Plus Cartridge Fliter, Polaris 280 w/ booster, Ozonator, Intellitouch/Screenlogic, Bleach Chlorination, TF-100 Test Kit, City Water Source

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ordered my TF100 Today!

Welcome to TFP!

You're way ahead of the game by having a test kit on the way and getting your feet wet in Pool School. If you'd like some help, go ahead and start a thread in the Algae - Prevention and Treatment area and put up your test results.

Be sure to fill out your signature with details about your pool.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!

More here on what to put in your sig, Pool School - Read This Before You Post
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome!

You're not alone. Perhaps you'd care to commiserate with a fellow sufferer who met the same pool store clerk in a different state? Super green pool problems with pool store suggestions
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

I'm a two year pool struggler who has slowly gone through pool school because my husband just gave up. I just got my TF-100 delivered yesterday and I am using it to get my pool from slightly green to crystal clear! We can do this!!!!
    10,000 Gal In Ground/PebbleTec/Pentair Traiton II Sand Filter/The Pool Cleaner

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by sharpeoplepc View Post
    I'm a two year pool struggler who has slowly gone through pool school because my husband just gave up. I just got my TF-100 delivered yesterday and I am using it to get my pool from slightly green to crystal clear! We can do this!!!!
    Glad you've found us! If you have specific questions about your pool or your SLAM, feel free to start your own thread!
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons