My first season as a pool owner was great. Followed pool builder's advise. Kept the pool balanced with my little test kit he gave me. Pool was algae free, bright & clear. I was quite proud of myself. This spring things headed south...after two months of being told by local pool store that I just had pollen in the pool. "Just brush more," he said. Now, I've got a full blown mustard algae bloom. I purchased the copper algaecide that he recommended. Shocked the pool like he recommended. Cleaned the filter like he recommended. But y'all know exactly what happened...that's why I'm here. Just sprung for the two day shipping on the test kit, so I can start SLAMMING this week. Currently "going" to pool school, so wish me luck. First hurdle, cleaning the slime off the filter cartridges. This site has been amazing on advise to get me started. I'll chime in if I need extra help. Thanks!!