Fixing to start slam

mepcards

Sep 15, 2015
mesquite,tx
IM FIXING TO START MY SLAM..MY READINGS ARE BELOW...IF MY NUMBERS ARE CORRECT, I NEED TO GET TO 24 FOR SHOCK LEVEL..ADD 262OZ OF BLEACH TO START..

here are my readings..plz conform I did it correctly with chlorine test

TA=100
PH=7.6
CH=220
FOR THE CHLORINE I USED THE 10ML MARK WITH 1 SCOOP OF POWDER...IT TURNED PINK LIKE IT WAS SUPPOSE TOO, AND IT TOOK 12 DROPS TO CHANGE IT TO CLEAR..DIVED THAT BY 2? FC=6 ?? THEN WHEN I ADDED A 5 DROP OF R0003, THE WATER STAYED CLEAR....SO "0" FOR CC?

- - - Updated - - -

SORRY IT TOOK 13 DROPS FROM PINK TO CLEAR

Starting slam

IM FIXING TO START MY SLAM..MY READINGS ARE BELOW...IF MY NUMBERS ARE CORRECT, I NEED TO GET TO 24 FOR SHOCK LEVEL..ADD 262OZ OF BLEACH TO START..

here are my readings..plz conform I did it correctly with chlorine test

TA=100
PH=7.6
CH=220
FOR THE CHLORINE I USED THE 10ML MARK WITH 1 SCOOP OF POWDER...IT TURNED PINK LIKE IT WAS SUPPOSE TOO, AND IT TOOK 12 DROPS TO CHANGE IT TO CLEAR..DIVED THAT BY 2? FC=6 ?? THEN WHEN I ADDED A 5 DROP OF R0003, THE WATER STAYED CLEAR....SO "0" FOR CC?

- - - Updated - - -

SORRY IT TOOK 13 DROPS FROM PINK TO CLEAR

- - - Updated - - -

CYA AT 60 AFTER PARTIAL DRAIN

That is correct.... Since it took 13 drops your FC is 6.5

What is your CYA? That will determine what you will want to keep your FC at during SLAM.

Happy Slamming!

Sent from my Z959 using Tapatalk

I already put 262oz of bleach in my pool about 2hrs ago...how long before I check to see what level its at? do I need to lower ph now if I already started?
Now is a good time to recheck FC. If it's below 10, test pH and TA again and add acid and then resume the SLAM. If FC is above 10, ignore the pH for now and keep SLAMming. You don't want to lose momentum.

TA=100

FC=20 ( TOOK 40 DROPS)

When I put the 5 drops of r003, it kinda looked a very very light pink, so I added drop of 871 to turn clear...so 1.0 for cc? I need to go add bleach..didn't check ph since over 10

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
TA=100

FC=20 ( TOOK 40 DROPS)

When I put the 5 drops of r003, it kinda looked a very very light pink, so I added drop of 871 to turn clear...so 1.0 for cc? I need to go add bleach..didn't check ph since over 10
attachment.php

will I check again tonight? or in the morning
The SLAM Process article says,
Test and adjust chlorine levels as frequently as practical, but not more than once per hour, and not less than twice a day. Chlorine additions should be frequent, especially at the beginning.

Right before bed is a good time, because all the bleach can work on algae-killing and none gets lost to UV rays from the sun.

whats also weird is when the pump was off for 4 days and low water level, the algae hardly showed up..once I filled up and pump turned back on, the normal areas starting popping up quickly..thought would be worse when pump off and no circulation..

whats also weird is when the pump was off for 4 days and low water level, the algae hardly showed up..once I filled up and pump turned back on, the normal areas starting popping up quickly..thought would be worse when pump off and no circulation..

It was growing, you just couldn't see it yet.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.