Fixing to start slam

Congrats on passing your SLAM! :party: As hot as today was, it's no surprise your FC dropped with only a CYA of 30. If you want to know how much pucks will raise your CYA, FC and effect pH, just add the amount of pucks you are using in the Poolmath Calculator's "Effects of Adding Chemicals" section. For what it's worth though, you need CYA protection ASAP, so I'd stick with granular stabilizer - at least for most of the increase. You can start by increasing to a CYA of 50 and see how that works for your pool. Every pool is different, so don't think your CYA needs to match your neighbors. Now that you are algae-free, you should not lose any more than 4 ppm of FC per day. But for comparison's sake, I keep my pool's CYA between 60-70 in full sun all day to protect my FC. :) Congrats again!

Nice, a whole week in the pool! Sweet!

Definitely raise CYA to 50 pronto. I would do that with CYA and then you can use the pucks to raise it more later. Yes, chlorine is your friend, keep it at or even 1 or 2 above target. Especially until the CYA gets up and you get a good feel for the burn rate.

when I got home yesterday the sock was empty..i only had to add like 27oz...im going to check my cya today....I swam a little last night and boy you can tell I added stabilizer...the liner and water feel a lot softer if that makes sense...lately my liner on the bottom felt real tight when walking, and we have the happy feet foam under liner floor...ive kept my fc level over 10 only until I was able to get the cya up...then ill test all my other numbers..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I tested my cya, and now im at 50....im also sad to report im spotting a few areas of the algae again, and no it is not sand...Ive gone to the bottom and its not gritty....actually if feels like nothing and dissolves when I try to feel it....feeling discouraged again, and knowing for a fact the lowest my FC has gotten was 7.6....but it is in the same spots where the circulation is the weakest, for its almost to the full rotation of the pool area...almost to the skimmer....im on vacation this week, so I guess back to slamming

I would run the FC up to SLAM level and try for a OCLT in a couple/few days. THEN I would shoot for the upper level of FC for your CYA level for the summer PLUS make sure to brush those areas each day so help move the water there. Could you pour a shot or two right before that area? I know it is not right in front of a return but if you brush it right after you pour that should be okay.

Kim:cat: (what a pain :( I know you are disappointed)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.