Just opened new AG pool today.

Tfaff

Jan 18, 2016
St Anthony,MN
Hello, thanks for adding me here! After several months of issues, we got our AG 16x28 running. It rained a lot while they were installing the liner and starting to fill. Now we have bright sunshine today.

I am wondering what to test for right off the bat, I did check Chlorine (1) and PH, (above 8.2). Im using the TF-100.

Test everything but CYA once it's full and circulating. Tap water won't have any in it, so it will be zero.

If pH is at the top of the scale, it may well be off the scale. So if you add acid and don't see pH drop, it doesn't mean you did something wrong. Just repeat it until the color changes and then you'll know where you;re at.

Thank you, yes, I just checked the CYA and that black dot didn't disappear. Haha. How much acid should I add to start? And just add acid?
Can't say. Don't have full info.

You're going to have to learn this sooner or later, so... here's how to use poolmath. Pool School - PoolMath

Post your results and what you think needs to be added and we can check you before you start dumping things in. Oh... and Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals tells you how to add each chemical, too.

OK, So I finished the tests and Im not sure what the pool math page is telling me.
FC - 1
Ph - 8.2+
TA - 1600
CH - 2500
CC - 2
I suspect an arithmetic error somewhere. How big was the sample you used for TA and CH tests and how many drops did it take? If those readings are correct, your water is so hard you could walk on it.

And have you seen the videos? https://www.youtube.com/user/TF100TestKit/videos

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So at 46" deep, poolmath says 11300 gallons.

Plugging your now numbers into poolmath and selecting vinyl/tfp/bleach for the suggested values...

1 quart of 8.25% bleach right now to get to 3 (That's for zero CYA. The target will go up after you add CYA) Do that even if you don't have any other chemicals standing by. Just plain laundry bleach, not splashless or scented.

Then 4 lbs of CYA granules in a sock or two. Put one in the skimmer and hang the other in front of the return or off a pool noodle or something else that floats.

attachment.php

attachment.php

By the time that is done, 2 quarts of 31.45% Muriatic Acid. Pour that in front of the return stream so it spreads out fast.

That's it for today. Leave the pump run to get that CYA dissolved.

Tomorrow, recheck everything but CYA and target 6 for the FC. The CYA needs at least a day after its all dissolved to get a reading, so save the reagent. Hopefully your CC will be gone. A lot of water companies use Chloramines to prevent pipe corrosion and it takes a day or two to bleach out.

Ok, so I've added the chlorine bleach, the cyanuric acid is still dissolving not the pool. (But the Cya is 45 tonight...) I haven't added any mecuric acid but here are my test results tonight.
fc - 5
ph - 7.3
ta - 100
ch - 200
cya - 45
cc - .5

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.