Hayward Poolvergnuegen 2x vs. Polaris 360

DanaSC

May 16, 2012
Lexington, SC
Pool cleaners overwhelm me a bit. Currently we have a Polaris 360 that we're having trouble with. It's been fine until last year. My husband's done everything to try and get it working to no avail.

I'm researching different cleaners. When I got the 360, I did so because a friend has one and she loved it, plus it was on sale, about $100 less than it's going for now.

At any rate, after some research, I'm weighing out the pros and cons of these two types of cleaners. We have a booster pump that we use for the 360. I wouldn't mind NOT using a booster, though, and just having something that can just run pretty much constantly, if that is an option with the Hayward. However, after reading more about suction cleaners, I'm seeing that the debris picked up goes through the skimmer line directly into the filter or basket near the filter. We have trees surrounding our pool and I'm wondering if a suction cleaner is actually a bad idea for situations like ours with the extra debris that we get.

Thoughts/experiences?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.