Hayward Omnilogic Installed During or Post Pool Installation?

May 2, 2016
Hickory Creek, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hello,

I'm interested in adding some automation to my planned pool. One of the builders I'm looking into does not install them, but says that its an easy after the fact install. The other builder does install it for $2,700. Does that seem like a fair installed price or can it be done cheaper after the fact?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Prey,

Much easier to have it done, but cheaper doing it yourself. Cheaper is not always better... My initial plan was to try and provide you with some Pros and Cons, but there are so many variables, I'm not sure where to start. :(

What might help is for you to tell us a little more about your new pool (Will it have a Spa?, Will it have any Water features?, Will it be a Saltwater pool?) and what equipment you are planning on having,( A SWG, Lights, bubblers, fountains, ) and just what do you expect your automation system to do...

Some things can be added, after the fact, pretty easily, while other things would take prior planning on the PB's part.

Here is a simple example... I installed a Pentair EasyTouch automation system at my daughter's house. Works great, except for the pool light which is controlled by switch on the other side of the pool. It would be better if the light were controlled by the EasyTouch, but that would require me to did up some of the decking. If the automation system had been installed when the pool was built, it would have been wired to work through the EasyTouch before the deck was installed. Something so simple, yet so much of a PIA to add after the fact.

Jim R.

Hey J, thanks for the feedback! The pool will have a spa, with 4 led lights (3 in the pool, one in the spa), will have a variable speed pump, will be saltwater, natural gas heater and have 4 deck Jets.....no bubblers or fountains. Ideally, I'd just like to have the ability to control certain settings and features from my phone or tablet. Is something like an Omnilogic not worth it if I don't plan to have any bubblers or water features like a fountain?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.