Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cleaning Tiger Shark Filters

1. Back To Top    #1

Cleaning Tiger Shark Filters

Hi,
    I'm hoping there is a better way to clean the Tiger Shark robot filters than what I'm currently doing. I let it air dry first and tap out as much as I can , but it doesn't all come out and inevitably a lot gets blown onto me . Yuck.

Then because it isn't still clean and all kinds of bugs, little seeds etc are still caught in the fan of the filter, I will either hose it down, first from behind (the plastic side) and then the inside (I end up wet) or bring it into a bathroom sink. But despite the pressure of the house, AND I will spray it row by row slightly opening the "fan" so the water can really get in there, it still doesn't totally clean...in part because the detritus that might be hosed out ends up settling back in a different row of the filter.

It take a lot of time and is messy. Is there another way? would soaking it work? something else?

Thanks!
    -20'x30'x40' lagoon shaped IG vinyl pool (Nov 2013); 27,500 gallons
    -SWG , Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump , DE Filter, Pentair Mastertemp Pool Heater.
    -Municipal water as fill (high pH of 8+)
    -No pool cover and TigerShark vacuum. TFT100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cleaning Tiger Shark Filters

Here's how I do it. It doesn't get it all, but it's pretty good.

I do it right after I pull the robot out of the pool. Letting it dry would only solidify the crude on the pleats. I prop the filters up against my fence with rocks below it at a slight angle so they stay put. I spray it from the X side so that it's pushing the debris back against the way it was pulled onto the filter. The X side is the suction side, if that makes sense. I spray it with a full stream from a nozzle on a garden hose from about 2 feet away working my way down from the top, back and forth. Then after I've gotten the whole filters, I flip them over. On this side, I spray downward at a 45 degree angle pushing any bugs or larger particles still stuck in the pleats.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Cleaning Tiger Shark Filters

OK, thanks. I used to clean them when they were wet, but it didn't seem to work great. Maybe I didn't start at the "X" side though. I'm going to try it! thanks!
    -20'x30'x40' lagoon shaped IG vinyl pool (Nov 2013); 27,500 gallons
    -SWG , Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump , DE Filter, Pentair Mastertemp Pool Heater.
    -Municipal water as fill (high pH of 8+)
    -No pool cover and TigerShark vacuum. TFT100