Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Solar controller. Are or fair and Hayward valve actuators the same?

1. Back To Top    #1

Solar controller. Are or fair and Hayward valve actuators the same?

I'm hooking up my Pentair LX-220 solar controller and it turns out the transformer is bad. Found them online for about $70 or I can get a whole new Hayward gl-235 controller from Amazon for $187. The Pentair unit has been sitting around for a number of years so not sure how long the rest of the components will last. From the pictures it seems the actuators look very similar and have similar electrical connectors. Does anybody know if they are interchangeable?
    10k Gal, IG Gunite, 10' X 28' X 5.5', Quartz, Hayward Ecostar VS 2HP, Hayward 325 sq ft, 2" plumbing, 2 24" sheer decent, 2 bubblers in tanning ledge, Hayward LED, Build Date Dec. 2015. auto pool cleaner suction side. Suntrek Solar panels, Taylor K-2006

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Solar controller. Are or fair and Hayward valve actuators the same?

Yes, all valve actuators are interchangeable.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

I bought the intermatic actuators from Amazon. Working great with my pentair system at a fraction of the cost of the "name brands".
    Matt
    2016 Pool Build: 12k IG Blue Granite Pebblesheen, Travertine Coping & Pavers, Pentair IntelliFlo, Intellichlor, Easytouch, Clean & Clear 320, Heliocol Solar - TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    SWG Run Time Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

Good to hear. I'll probably go with a whole new controller to be on the safe side.
    10k Gal, IG Gunite, 10' X 28' X 5.5', Quartz, Hayward Ecostar VS 2HP, Hayward 325 sq ft, 2" plumbing, 2 24" sheer decent, 2 bubblers in tanning ledge, Hayward LED, Build Date Dec. 2015. auto pool cleaner suction side. Suntrek Solar panels, Taylor K-2006