Aqua Trol - No Flow error with RJ Unit

Robl

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 19, 2011
CT
I purchased an AQ-TROL-RJ-TL. Hooked up easily and manual says it does not need a flow control since it's a return jet and it being vertical.

I cannot get it out of no flow error code. I called Hayward support a couple days ago and she said I need to check the AL level under diagnostics. It should be at AL-7.
It was set to AL-0 but I can only go up to 5.

I emailed them back and no answer yet and they are no open today (saturday).

I was wondering if anyone knew the phone jack wiring for the flow switch. I could just create a jumper cable and close the flow circuit so it thinks its on. I can't find a wiring diagram anywhere.

I just opened my pool and didn't buy the usual amount of bleach thinking I would be using the AQ to generate. I bought a case yesterday and I'm almost out. Yes lots of algae right now. I will have to get another case or 2 until this gets fixed.

Maybe that Amazon warehouse deal ($435) wasn't such a deal afterall! :(

Thanks,
Rob

I don't think it's a clone but I'm not sure how to tell. Everything looks like Hayward. Software version 1.45. Confirmed that I can change it from AL-0 to 5. No 6 or 7 available.
She said I was the 4th person that day to call with a similar problem from Amazon.
I might just order a flow switch call it a day.

Thanks for the links. I didn't see that diagnostics one before.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.