Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How do I remove these covers?!?

1. Back To Top    #1

How do I remove these covers?!?

Our inground pool is 3 years old. We had our builder put these sleeves on for a future basketball hoop. I'm now trying to remove the covers and have no clue how to do it. I put a screw driver in hoping it would just pop out, but it's cracking. Please see attached pic for a better idea what I'm talking about.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

SW Wisconsin

Re: How do I remove these covers?!?

something a little larger diameter than a screw driver will help you from cracking a wooden dowel. Put it into the hole, angle it sideways a bit and pop the lid up.
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump

3. Back To Top    #3
    Northern IL

Splash water around the outer seams. That will help loosen the bond. I have to do that with my skimmer covers all the time.
    27K IG rectangular; vinyl liner; sand filter; 1hp pump; auto-cover; heater; K-2006.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Tecumseh, OK

Maybe find something that had a 90 degree bend to it so it applies pressure to the underside of the cap as you pull straight up instead of trying to pry it at an angle. Maybe bend the first inch of a flat screwdriver, making a custom cover remover. I'm sure there is a proper tool similar to that for just this purpose.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -