Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie pool owner needs help.

1. Back To Top    #1

west Islip NY

Newbie pool owner needs help.

I just open my pool for the first time after I had it winterized by a professional. I can't get the pump going. I tried to prime it. Water gets sucked down and disappears. Maybe I don't have my connections attached right (picture attached) Also the collar is leaking (picture attached) I think it's stripped just spins doesn't tighten, do I need teflon tape on it? how do I replace that maybe that is causing the pool not to be pressurized? Any help is appreciated thanks.

16 x 32 Inground pool 20,000 gallons

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Newbie pool owner needs help.

If that collar isn't absolutely airtight, the filter will suck air instead of water. If it spins endlessy, something is stripped and will need replacing.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3
    East Texas

Re: Newbie pool owner needs help.

More than likely have a valve handle pointing in the wrong direction---but I'm no help there!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!