Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: help reading results

1. Back To Top    #1

help reading results

I just ordered the TF-100 kit but meanwhile I took a sample to my local store
    here are the results. I plugged the results into the the pool math calculator. Do I add all the recommendations at once? Do I raise the CYA first?
    Where do most people buy chemicals from?

Thanks in advance

FC .6
    CC .25
    PH 7.7
    TA 81
    CH 45
    CYA 3

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: help reading results

PH, is fine. Get that FC up to 4 before anything else. Use plain liquid bleach. Take CYA to 30 to start and adjust your minimum and target FC per the Chlorine/CYA chart in Pool School. How are you chlorinating? Please add a signature line to your profile outlining all your pool particulars for us. If vinyl lined, your CH is fine, if not......we're gonna have to bump that up. Welcome.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the quick reply. I added the shock and added 4lb's to a sock with Stabilizer.

Currently I have a floating chlorinator. I was looking at buying a Hayward CL200 In-Line Chlorinator
    My Pool: Doughboy above Ground Vinyl; 19,600 Gal; Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 HP ; Starbright DE50; TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Welcome to TFP

Whoa.....hold up on the floating chlorinator as that is also going to be adding CYA to your pool most likely. Have you done any reading in pool school? I'd be very suspect of the stores test that says CYA is 3. Is this a fresh fill of water? If not, how have you been chlorinating until now? What does your water look like?

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi Aimee thanks for the response. It's kinda a new fill. I had the pool installed end of last year or was only open for a few weeks last year. All I did last year was shock it. The water is looking good and clear.

My Pool: Doughboy above Ground Vinyl; 19,600 Gal; Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 HP ; Starbright DE50; TF-100