Intex flex hose to PVC connection is leaking

Did you use a gasket sort of like the one shown below? I did the same and it works fine. Also did you use the Cantex 1-1/2" box adapter that many people use? That is also what I used.
Did you use Magic Lube or similar lube on the gasket? That prevents it from binding and getting pinched when you tighten up the nut.

2014-09-07 16.49.43.jpg

Did you use a gasket sort of like the one shown below? I did the same and it works fine. Also did you use the Cantex 1-1/2" box adapter that many people use? That is also what I used.
Did you use Magic Lube or similar lube on the gasket? That prevents it from binding and getting pinched when you tighten up the nut.

It looks like the same gasket I used....i stole it from the 6 way valve (I have spares)...you can kind of see it in picture 2. I used the Cantex + intex nut on one part of the 'T' in picture 2 and it is holding fine. The problem is the 1 1/2" pvc thread doesnt quite match the pitch of the intex. I did not use any lube on the gasket.

Hm, it looks right. It looks like my connection in the picture below. I no longer have a connection like that however and I don't remember exactly how I put it together.. Only suggestion is still gasket lube and tighten it down as best you can. Maybe someone else will have an idea.

2014-09-07 16.25.10.jpg

I just did a couple of those intex to PVC today and i did not have any problems with mine. Sorry to hear that you are having problems with yours. I got my fittings from Lowe's and my first one leaked. so i cut it loose and re did it, making sure the glue was good and dry and i did not have any problems after that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.