Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need Advice...When should pool be installed?

1. Back To Top    #1

Malvern, OH

Need Advice...When should pool be installed?

Hello, this is my first of many posts. My hubby and I just purchased a 30' AG pool from Litehouse Pools on 5/31/16. It should be delivered on Monday, June 6. Here is my dilemma...the pool should be installed between June 13-21. We are leaving for vacation on June 22-29. Should I go ahead and have the pool installed and filled prior to leaving and ask my in-laws to care for it while gone or would you recommend we wait to have it installed after we get back? I don't want to overwhelm my in-laws, but I was thinking I could have them test it and relay the results to me and then I could instruct them on what was needed (most likely from posting on here) while on vacation. I didn't want to lose any pool usage time, but if those more experienced than I believe it is best to wait, that is what I will do. Growing up we had an in-ground and we would go on vacation and my dad would just shock it when we got home and all was well. My in-laws will be at our house twice a day caring for our animals, so I am sure they wouldn't mind helping with the pool, especially if they could use it too! I am blessed with awesome in-laws!!
    22k gal, AG, Cart 150 SQ 1.5 HP 2 SP
    Expected build date 6/15/16, TF 100

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: Need Advice...When should pool be installed?

Depends on how much confidence you have in the installer. I'd personally wanna be there. Welcome.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW Louisiana

I too would want to be there, and if you do initial start up right, and go light on the CYA stabilizer you could get away with using trichlor pucks in a floater for a week without adding too much additional CYA to the water, leaving little that needed to be done to maintain the pool.

p.s. that is the same week my wife and I are going to be gone on vacation, we are planning on doing the rocky mountains and possibly yellowstone
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

4. Back To Top    #4

Land O Lakes, FL

I would delay it. They might be delayed anyway and the timing would be worse.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    2016 Pool Build: 12k IG Blue Granite Pebblesheen, Travertine Coping & Pavers, Pentair IntelliFlo, Intellichlor, Easytouch, Clean & Clear 320, Heliocol Solar - TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    SWG Run Time Calculator