Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Never slammed

1. Back To Top    #1

Never slammed

I am starting my 3rd season with my above ground 24' round pool. I have opened with clear water, besides the dirt at bottom both years. The only chemicals ever put in pool is 12% bleach, murratic acid and CYA at start of season. I've never had green or cloudy water, sweep it once a week and add about a quart of bleach a day. Seem like I'm doing everything right. My question is, is it normal to not have to Slam the pool in my 3 years of having pool? I never get the water to turn pink when checking for CC after I check the chlorine level.

First time post, long time stalker!!!! Never been pool stored!!

Mike

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Never slammed

Welcome!

What you're describing sounds normal to me. I've never had to SLAM for a lot longer than you.

It sounds like you grasp the TFP method perfectly.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Ok. Thanks for the reassurance. I will keep doing what I'm doing.
    Do the chemicals in the test kit have a shelf life?
    Sharkline Venture 24''x54' Round AG, Vinyl, (June 2014) 13,500 Gallon, .75 HP, 120v, 1 speed pump,?? LB Sand filter,

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by mschnipke View Post
    Ok. Thanks for the reassurance. I will keep doing what I'm doing.
    Do the chemicals in the test kit have a shelf life?
    Yes. About 18 months. If any of the clear bottles have discolored, that reagent is bad.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!