Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Getting air bubbles but only for a few seconds only when pump start.

1. Back To Top    #1
    Orlando, FL

Getting air bubbles but only for a few seconds only when pump start.

Hello. I noticed that when I start the pump and the valve for the main drain is open and the one for the vacuum is close no air bubble get out at all when the pump start. But, if I close the main drain and open the vacuum, leaving only the skimmer and the vacuum on, some air get out from one of my returns and then I get a steady short "stream" of air bubbles that only last for fours seconds or so. Then nothing more. Everything is fine.

Is this is normal? I don't remember having this issue before. The pipes and valves are only one year old. They installed with a new variable speed pump.

In the morning the clear plastic "window" at the pump shows a little bit of air. Not much. After priming it is only water. No air. The filter pressure is steady.

Another question. What are those little "knobs" that you can turn to the right or left located in at the valves? Somewhere here I read that it is to add grease. Should that be tighten to a certain direction?

Thank you!
    15K gallons, Plaster, Taylor K-2006C & TF-100, DE, non SWG, Hayward TriStar VS variable pump

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: Getting air bubbles but only for a few seconds only when pump start.

I think the air you are seeing is from your vacuum hose, I also get some really small air bubbles from mine...

The little knobs are to lock the valve in the current position
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **