A mess on my hands with no where to turn.....Coverstar won't open

This is supposed to be short but that may be impossible. Pool has not been started in about 4 years. First - Pool cover won't open more than 2 feet on one side but other side works seamlessly. From what little I saw, the pool is full of debris, i.e. leaves. Originally, I was planning on getting as much out of the pool before starting any equipment, then finish vacuuming the rest out.

Any ideas as to what the problem might be with the pool cover?

It's a deck mounted Coverstar. I've tried bumping it but the west side continues to catch on something.

Unfortunately, we live out in the country....way out in the country....and the individual who cared for this pool previously is long gone. I really can't afford to pay outrageous mileage for someone to come out so this is all up to me.
That's my fun introduction to pool ownership?

Thanks for any help or ideas I can get.

Oh, I have printed out all of the owner's manuals for all equipment.

Re: A mess on my hands with no where to turn.....

You've found the place to turn! Welcome to TFP!

I'm going to edit your title to make it clear you are having trouble with your cover so people who own those will notice your thread.

A few pictures of the cover may help us. Especially of the side at the location where the cover sticks and of the reel area (and any motors, gears, etc).

Is the cover electric or manual?

Here's a Google search for: coverstar pool cover installation manual
https://www.google.com/search?q=coverstar+pool+cover&oq=coverstar+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3j69i60.7225j0j4&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#q=coverstar+pool+cover+installation+manual
The Coverstar Dealer Manual might help you out.

The cover is electric. But since posting this morning, I now find nothing about the cover moving, except the torque mechanism in the gear box. I attempted to tighten the screw as it instructed to do, by 1/4 and still nothing. I'll take some photos for clarification.

Something could be jamming that one side only. Maybe in the track system??

Easiest to upload images to Photobucket and then copy the IMG link from there and paste here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.