New to forum

wmak

Jun 4, 2016
Carrollton, KY
I just registered, found this forum while looking to get rid of algae. I checked the CYA, and it's 90. How much water do I have to let out to reduce this? The algae came back after I put on the solar cover, the FC and PH are in the correct range, the Alkalinity is around 18 ppm. Thanks in advance fro any help.

Welcome to TFP!

wmak said:
...the FC and PH are in the correct range, the Alkalinity is around 18 ppm.

What are you using to test the pool water with? A few things seem odd about your test results. An Alkalinity of 18 seems way off and nigh impossible. Also, stating that FC and pH "are in the correct range" is a bit vague. If the "correct range" is based on traditional pool store criteria, these parameters may, in fact, not be in the correct range for your pool. As for the CYA level, I'm a bit suspect of the 90 ppm reading until I know what you are using to test with. I would hate to have you unnecessarily drain a significant amount of your pool water until it is confirmed that it is absolutely necessary. Please let us know what you are testing with and we can go from there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.