Question on preparing for slam

mepcards

Sep 15, 2015
mesquite,tx
Im in the process of filling pool back up from partial drain. Once filled back up, and if im lucky enough that my cya is in levels for a slam, im curious to how much bleach ill need on hand...I know ill be needing a lot, but start with 5,10, etc jugs??? For ill be running to the store here in a bit..

Gonna depend on how bad it is as to how long it takes. Depending on your CYA level, it COULD take 4 or 5 gallons just to initally reach SLAM level. Get a dozen to start.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
cya testing is complete...I mixed half pool water and half tap....I was able to fill the tube all the way to top with out spilling over, and I could still faintly see the black dot...now I know I need to times that by 2, so assume im close to fifty? since 30 is the lowest on my kit? I did it back n forth a few times, and also had the wife look..she could make out dot too when the tube was completely filled

cya testing is complete...I mixed half pool water and half tap....I was able to fill the tube all the way to top with out spilling over, and I could still faintly see the black dot...now I know I need to times that by 2, so assume im close to fifty? since 30 is the lowest on my kit? I did it back n forth a few times, and also had the wife look..she could make out dot too when the tube was completely filled
Congratulations! You no longer need to use the dilution method to test CYA! :bounce::party::whoot::cheers: That's a BIG improvement.

You can run the test with 1:1 pool water and R-0013 to get the CYA figure. If you have any CYA reagent left, that is...

its the hth 5 way kit..same directions...I used both and just had enough....I did it over and over and tried to use the average...I have to say its 60 for my cya..one time I swore it was between 50 and 60 mark, then another time higher than 60...I did like 5 times and for the most it was around 60....drain more again??

here are my readings..plz conform I did it correctly with chlorine test

TA=100
PH=7.6
CH=220
FOR THE CHLORINE I USED THE 10ML MARK WITH 1 SCOOP OF POWDER...IT TURNED PINK LIKE IT WAS SUPPOSE TOO, AND IT TOOK 12 DROPS TO CHANGE IT TO CLEAR..DIVED THAT BY 2? FC=6 ?? THEN WHEN I ADDED A 5 DROP OF R0003, THE WATER STAYED CLEAR....SO "0" FOR CC?

- - - Updated - - -

SORRY IT TOOK 13 DROPS FROM PINK TO CLEAR

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.