Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump run time and testing

1. Back To Top    #1
    Mayfield, KY

Pump run time and testing

I run my pump from about 7am to 7pm everyday and my numbers have been real good, pool crystal clear too. When I get up in the morning and turn pump on, I wait 30 minutes and then test. This morning I decided to test before turning pump on. My FC was 6 but my CC was 1. After running pump for 30 minutes, I retested and the CC was 0. Would this be normal with the pump being off for 12 hours?
    20'x28' IG, Vinyl, (Sept 2015) 14,900 Gallon, 3'4 to 5'6 deep, SPLAPOOL 1.5 HP, 220v, 2 speed pump, Waterway Carefree 27" 400 LB Sand filter, Digital Nano plus SWG, TF-100 test kit /speed stir. Dolphin Primal x3 robotic cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: Pump run time and testing

Testing water that has been sitting still for hours will give different test results, so it is possible you hit a pocket of high CC, but when the water was mixed it dissipated to the lower value. When your pool is well circulated and you still test 1 CC, then you have a problem.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!