Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hole in wedding cake style steps

1. Back To Top    #1

Hole in wedding cake style steps

We just cleaned the pool in a new house and found one of the steps with a big hole/crack. Is it fixable or am I just out of luck? I was hoping to find a way to rig it to get through one summer. Any ideas? I attached a picture...I think
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hole in wedding cake style steps

My DIY idea:
    Cut some PVC pipe long enough to fit underneath the steps for reinforcement, and drill some stainless steel screws from the top down to secure them.
    (We have some PVC pipes filled with concrete as weights under our steps, so I know that PVC is fine.)
    12500 AGP 2HP Sand filter
    Five years on BBB & loving it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the idea! Going to give it a shot

4. Back To Top    #4

You can always go to a industrial plastics store and get a 1/4" thick piece of UMHW plastic. Its nylon virgin heavy duty plastic. They will trim to suit, then you just screw it down from the top, after putting it inside under the step.
    These guys are in AK. Engineered Composite Sign Materials, Glazing Materials, Mechanical Plastics-Mr. Plastic
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.