Hayward TriStar VS, Pool Pilot Digital, GL-235 and Solar Heating

I'm considering adding solar heating to my pool and trying to figure out how everything should be installed. I currently have a 12,000 gallon (400 sqft) pool, Hayward TriStar VS Pump (SP3200VSP), and an Auto Pilot Digital SWG (RC42 Cell). The pump and SWG are controlled by a manual timer.

I would like to add solar panels with an automatic solar controller (Hayward GL-235)... well I'm going to have a contractor install it. I just want to make sure everything is installed correctly.

If I understand everything correctly, when the solar controller is not calling for diversion to the solar panels, the pump should be at a lower rpm. However, when flow is being diverted to the solar panels, the solar controller should be able to increase the speed of the pump. Since my pump and SWG are controlled by the timer, how should everything be wired?

Also, how should the system be plumbed? I assume flow to the solar panels should be after filtration and before the SWG but where should the return from the solar panels go? Before the SWG which would impact the temperature calibration of the cell, or after the SWG?

Regards,

If they are installing it they should know how to wire it, I would hope :) The return from solar should come back in before the SWG and after the filter..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.