Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin Nautilus Plus powering off before cycle is complete?

1. Back To Top    #1

Dolphin Nautilus Plus powering off before cycle is complete?

I've noticed twice now, that my fairly new (only 2 months old) Dolphin Nautilus Plus has powered down before the 2.5 hour cleaning cycle was complete? Both times it was stuck on the steps where it powered off. Does it have an automatic shut off if it senses that it's stuck before it overheats? It's never did this before, wondering what could be wrong or if it's just suppose to do that? Not sure since it has gotten stuck before and just stayed on until I moved it. Anybody else have this happen?
    15k Gallon In Ground Saltwater Gunite Pool and Spa w/ Overflow
    Dolphin Nautilus Plus Pool Cleaner
    Main Filter Pump - 1.5HP Pentair Whisperflo connected to Triton II Sand Filter
    Spa Pump - 2HP Pentair Whisperflo w/ 2HP Polaris Spa Air Blower
    Resilience PSC3 SWCG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dolphin Nautilus Plus powering off before cycle is complete?

I would call Maytronics who makes the Dolphin brand and ask them if this is a safety feature. They are always very pleasant to deal with.
    Mark
    20'x28' IG, Vinyl, (Sept 2015) 14,900 Gallon, 3'4 to 5'6 deep, SPLAPOOL 1.5 HP, 220v, 2 speed pump, Waterway Carefree 27" 400 LB Sand filter, Digital Nano plus SWG, TF-100 test kit /speed stir. Dolphin Primal x3 robotic cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

It has happened to me as well, but each time the blue light stays on the power supply and the filter cartridges were really full. Not sure if there is a shut-off for full cartridges or not.

4. Back To Top    #4

Happened with my dolphin all the time as well.... tried support they weren't very helpful.... my happens in the same exact spot gets hung up on the corner I think it just shuts down after a certain amount of time at a weird angle

14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover