Concord, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
We used well water to fill the pool, CH is way higher than 300. Straight out of the faucet it's 550. Testing in the pool I'm about 700. Intex ultra frame with SWG. Replacing the water obviously won't be any help. Does it matter I'm so high above 300?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

What will help is to keep the pH around 7.2 and the TA between 70-90ppm. You can manage water with high CH if you keep pH on the low end of the recommended levels. High pH may lead to scale formation.

kne,

You will be able to deal with the high CH by taking zea3's advice.

Please have your well tested for iron......that's where you will have a hard time.

Do you have rust around the toileyts, sink's etc? Do you have a whole house water softener?

The CH (at those levels you report) is manageable........crossing my fingers you don't have to deal with iron which is much more difficult.

Thanks guys :) Inside the house we are on city water, we use the well for everything outside so no toilets to check out. Is this a pool store test?

Yes, the Iron test is done at the pool store. You could buy your own, but it's awful pricey just to test once.

I would kind of doubt you'll have Iron, since there's not a history of Iron mining in the East Bay. If the native soil is reddish, you're probably okay.

I live close to a Leslie's so I'll get it checked just to know. It'll be fun to compare their numbers to mine :) I'll work on keeping the PH & TA on the lower end as suggested. If I remember right, last year I used a lot muriatic acid to keep it in check.

I hate when I hear that. Their lack of reliability is seldom fun. Trust your own test results...Always!
Awe duraleigh I know my tests results are spot on! But since I've never had my water tested by a pool store before and reading all the horror stories on this site, the analyst in me can't wait to see the difference ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.