Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help with Pump suggestions

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help with Pump suggestions

Our 1.5hp Challenger pump is on it's last leg. I'm looking to upgrade the pump to a VS pump. I recently had an Omnilogic system installed so the next phase is to add a new pump.

1.5" plumbing
    30,000 gallon pool with spa (6 jets) spill over
    Heater
    Pressure controlled pool cleaner that uses the pool pump
    Nautilus 48 sq/ft DE Filter
    Hayward Turbo Cell (T-15)

I've been looking at Pentair or Hayward. I understand it's the Chevy vs Ford comparison so what I'm really looking for is which model would be best for my current setup.

Thanks so much!
    30,000 gallon In-ground pool with spillover spa
    Omnilogic, SWG (Hayward T-15 Cell), Hayward actuated valves and Raypak Heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need help with Pump suggestions

The Pentair Superflo VS pump is a good one to look at. Here are a couple of places for it.

Pentair VS PUMP VAR SPEED W/ TIMER SUPER FLO PUMP 115/230V - 342001 - INYOPools.com

Pentair SuperFlo VS Pump 342001 | Pentair 342001 sunplay.com

Check this out for some discounts to INYO and TFTestkits.net
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Any idea in how that pump will work with the Omnilogic? I talked to Hayward and they said something about having it wired to several High Voltage Relays in order to use the Variable speed but they couldn't tell me for sure if I get full functionality of the Pentair pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

Missed that you have Omnilogic. Yes, that's right you can use up to 3 relays to choose speeds 1-3. Each speed can be programmed at the pump for whatever speed you want.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

I have an Hayward EcoStar and love it it's hooked up to my P4 board automation system made by Hayward
    Chris- Macomb, Michigan 20,000 gallon pool IGP. 16 x 32 Hayward Ecostar pump. Hayward 24 inch sand filter with Zeo sand. Hayward Aqua plus P4 automation board with T-15 turbo cell. Hayward H150 heater millivolts style. Polaris 9300 robot vacuum. New maytronics titain plus vacuum cleaner Test kits TF-100 and color Q7 TEST KIT.http://tftestkits.net.

6. Back To Top    #6

Hayward was suggesting the Tristar for my setup if I went with their brand pump. They said the Hayward Super pump would be undersized.

Is the Hayward Super pump and Pentair Superflo pretty much the same pump?

7. Back To Top    #7
    Chris- Macomb, Michigan 20,000 gallon pool IGP. 16 x 32 Hayward Ecostar pump. Hayward 24 inch sand filter with Zeo sand. Hayward Aqua plus P4 automation board with T-15 turbo cell. Hayward H150 heater millivolts style. Polaris 9300 robot vacuum. New maytronics titain plus vacuum cleaner Test kits TF-100 and color Q7 TEST KIT.http://tftestkits.net.