Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Twisted liner: is it important to fix? if so, what's best way? (PS: fixed it)

1. Back To Top    #1

Twisted liner: is it important to fix? if so, what's best way? (PS: fixed it)

Initial fill of new pool. Apparently I failed to install the liner squarely; I have stopped filling. I can't work wrinkles out of the bottom. Some portions of the liner are noticeably farther from the cove than others (thus the liner will stretch unevenly at the cove).

How important are getting the liner square and evening out the stretch? How do I safely remove the liner bead to shift top of liner a bit?

PIC
    Chas & Cheryl (first-time, second-year pool owners)
    Radiant Metric Oval AGP 16'x32'x52"; Pentair: Clean&Clear 150 Cartridge, OptiFlo 1.5 Hp 2-spd, and 320C Feeder (all mounted below water level); Taylor K-2006 & SpeedStir; Maytronics Dolphin E10 (aka Einstein)
    installation pics (2015-2016)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Twisted liner: is it important to fix? if so, what's best way?

If you notice it and don't like it now, you won't like it any better over the life of the liner every time you look at it. I'd fix it.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Twisted liner: is it important to fix? if so, what's best way?

Fixed it Lots of extra work, but it looks sooo much better. Thanks! PIC
    Chas & Cheryl (first-time, second-year pool owners)
    Radiant Metric Oval AGP 16'x32'x52"; Pentair: Clean&Clear 150 Cartridge, OptiFlo 1.5 Hp 2-spd, and 320C Feeder (all mounted below water level); Taylor K-2006 & SpeedStir; Maytronics Dolphin E10 (aka Einstein)
    installation pics (2015-2016)

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Twisted liner: is it important to fix? if so, what's best way? (PS: fixed it)

Oh yeah, much more betta!!
    Intex 22' X 52" Ultra Frame AGP ( 12K gallons) , Intex 633T 2500 GPH (41 GPM) running Doughboy Silica II sand filter (16"dia. 1.4 ' S.A.) ( And doing it quite well, I might add!) Hayward through the wall skimmer, TF100 with Speed Stir. Hard plumbed, Intex fountain ...........