Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Still partial draining question

1. Back To Top    #1

Still partial draining question

I just got home, and luckily no rain, and have been able to start draining again this afternoon..My pool at normal capacity is 4ft high, and my water level is just about an inch under 3ft...Im guessing at least 3-4 inches of it was rain water....I did a cya test, and its still reading 80...Should I still drain to the half way mark at 2ft? or 1/3? apparently the rain water has made no different in my readings...
    24x16 doughboy Summerville..22" Waterway "sand" 1.5 HP 2sp motor..Misty Falls liner, and wedding cake stairs..

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Still partial draining question

No, fill er up. That will out your CYA around 50-60 which is just fine if it ever gets to be summer around here.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Still partial draining question

Well I have two hoses filling the pool back up, and added another gallon of best value bleach... sure hope this does the trick
    24x16 doughboy Summerville..22" Waterway "sand" 1.5 HP 2sp motor..Misty Falls liner, and wedding cake stairs..