Pool Ice Damage

Jun 3, 2016
Meadville/PA
So my husband and I do not know if maybe we did not properly close pool for winter, but with the amount of snow and ice with freezing temperatures we found that our pool has been damaged. it looks as if we are going to have to tear down and save up for a new pool. any suggestions from anyone who may have experienced this would be great, willing to try anything so we don't have to pay for a whole new pool.20160603_144900-3.jpg20160603_144900-3.jpg20160603_144900-3.jpg

So my husband and I went to open our pool and realized we have severe ice damage from our crappy PA winter. I doubt there is anything we can do to fix, but I thought I would at least ask for opinions before we have to tear the whole thing down and save up for a new one. Any suggestions would be great.20160603_144900-3.jpg

Welcome to TFP :)

It looks like just the side is bad, while not easy it can be changed out :) (it weighs in at about 500 to 600 pounds..)

Only way to know is to drain and see how well it pops back into place, wall in the tracks top and bottom as long as the side wall or track isn't torn or ripped. You can work with "bent". Post us up some better pics when you get it drained please. Good luck.

You left you sand filter hooked up all winter too?

I leave everything connected all winter and winterize the pipes, once above an intex sized pump (if intex I would take indoors) or hard piped it should all be left up and connected :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.