Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Ice Damage

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Ice Damage

So my husband and I do not know if maybe we did not properly close pool for winter, but with the amount of snow and ice with freezing temperatures we found that our pool has been damaged. it looks as if we are going to have to tear down and save up for a new pool. any suggestions from anyone who may have experienced this would be great, willing to try anything so we don't have to pay for a whole new pool.20160603_144900-3.jpg20160603_144900-3.jpg20160603_144900-3.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Post Pool Ice Damage

So my husband and I went to open our pool and realized we have severe ice damage from our crappy PA winter. I doubt there is anything we can do to fix, but I thought I would at least ask for opinions before we have to tear the whole thing down and save up for a new one. Any suggestions would be great.20160603_144900-3.jpg

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Re: Pool Ice Damage

Welcome to TFP

It looks like just the side is bad, while not easy it can be changed out (it weighs in at about 500 to 600 pounds..)
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

4. Back To Top    #4

You left you sand filter hooked up all winter too?
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

5. Back To Top    #5

Only way to know is to drain and see how well it pops back into place, wall in the tracks top and bottom as long as the side wall or track isn't torn or ripped. You can work with "bent". Post us up some better pics when you get it drained please. Good luck.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by DarrelB View Post
    You left you sand filter hooked up all winter too?
    I leave everything connected all winter and winterize the pipes, once above an intex sized pump (if intex I would take indoors) or hard piped it should all be left up and connected
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **