New House old pool

Jun 3, 2016
fayetteville/nc
Hello I'm James from North Carolina. I just closed on my house yesterday. It was a foreclosure sale and I really couldn't inspect the pool until yesterday. I have 16*32 foot in-ground pool that haden't been opened in a year. Good news is that it was covered. I have never owned a pool or in maintained one. The plan for me is to use this site as log and to help me clean my pool. I have two weeks to have a clear pool.

Day one
removed the cover
brushed some of the pool until the brush fell into the pool
filled the pool until half of the skimmer was covered
Tried to start the pump with no success. The pump is humming and per youtube I think that it might be the capacitor.
I shocked the pool 6 bottles of chlorine. Yes I know the pump wasn't running. Yesterday I had a green pool today i have a cloudy blue pool.

Day two
I found a shop that had a used capacitor that they pulled from a pump. They let me have it for free! Today's goal is to get the pump running.
20160602_190402_HDR.jpg2016-06-03.jpg

Pool 16*32
Gallons unknown
Hayward Super Pump 1HP Model c48k2n143b1
Rainbow lifegard model 320
Hayward pro series model S220T

Welcome to TFP :)

You may be able to get that pool in shape but it is going to be a process, you need a test kit, Taylor K-2006 or I always recommend the TF100 as the best most complete kit, also check the box nest to the XL option as you will need it.. check out my sig below for information

Try not to add as much as you already have, it can bleach the liner and cost about 3 grand to replace