Wet Edge Primera Stone & Prism Matrix in McKinney, TX Vicinity

Might be a long shot, but you can also check for Open Houses with pools in your vicinity (use the advanced search or more filters option on realtor.com). We have looked at a few different types of pools that way to get a better feel for what we like.

My neighbor has Primera Stone (sapphire treasure I think) and I ended up with Prism Matrix Indigo Blue. Personally, I liked the look of the glass beads in Prism Matrix and they also look more high end. (imo).
The one reason why I gave Primera Stone serious consideration was because of the "refinishing" possibility where you can polish the Primera finish and get it all smooth again - assuming this will be in 15 years when original plaster degrades. But, I was not sure if I will be here in this house in 15 years. More importantly, I figured I will want a 'changed' look 15 years down the line...so the repolishing aspect was not much benefit for me. YMMV.

If you feel like driving to Katy,TX you are welcome to see my pool and possibly also neighbors pool.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your response. I took a wee hiatus as we near 3 weeks from dig - - - hopefully! Indigo Blue, yep that's what I'm looking at. One of the most expensive ones! How does it feel on your feet? Rough? The sample feel pretty awesome. What do your neighbors think of the Primera Stone? I am really concerned about finish. Is yours/theirs consistent. I saw a pool with Luna Quartz and thought it looked awful! Patchy and inconsistent. :( thank you! Kate

Re: Wet Edge Primera Stone & Prism Matrix in McKinney, TX Vicinity

Prism Matrix is a bit rough when your feet have been softened by water. When we were in the pool many days in a row for 1 to 3 hours and constant walking around the pool, the underside of our feet did feel like they were getting roughed up.

- - - Updated - - -

I am really concerned about finish. Is yours/theirs consistent. I saw a pool with Luna Quartz and thought it looked awful! Patchy and inconsistent. :( thank you! Kate

The finish is very consistent across the entire pool. That is something I was surprised about. Even with the light at night, the pool floor looks very level without any trowel marks.

They could have done a slightly better job on the spa - no issues with consistency, but with the light on, we can see a few "pock" marks. I think this could have been avoided - but it does not bother me. It cannot be see during the daytime. I'll try to get a picture.

Kate, I ended up getting the Primera Stone Sapphire Treasure and I am SO happy with it!!! I had such anxiety about choosing, but it is amazing and smooth! We just got it this week so I can't help with how it will be long term, but you are welcome to come see it! I will send you a PM.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.