Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is this good chlorine for regular use?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is this good chlorine for regular use?

I was looking for bleach and this was actually cheaper ($2.50) and stronger.
    Pool Essentials Chlorinating Liquid - Walmart.com

k2-_8e482bcc-42ec-4c33-b7b0-cfa7fe4b6d51.v1.jpg

I bought six bottles, was going to get more but I wanted to make sure it's a good option.
    Christopher

21' x 43' IG 40K Gallon vinyl and concrete pool; liner: 2016; Hayward DE7220 filter; Maytronics M400; TFT-100; Speed-Stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is this good chlorine for regular use?

Yes. Seen at many Wal-Marts - 10% strength.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Awesome thanks.
    How many bottles should I get if I wanted to stock up (they will be stored in pool house). I took about half of their stock, but I plan to go back and grab more, it was even cheaper than bleach.
    Christopher

21' x 43' IG 40K Gallon vinyl and concrete pool; liner: 2016; Hayward DE7220 filter; Maytronics M400; TFT-100; Speed-Stir

4. Back To Top    #4

ha ha. They probably gave you that funny look too. Well, if you are storing them in the house in some good A/C, get what you can I guess. You'll see a Julian date stamp on each bottle, something like 16-155 day. That means today (3 Jun 16) is the 155th day of 2016. So if they have an old number like 16-100, you might pass on getting too many. But if they are fairly new, grab what you want I suppose.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!