New pool build outside of Fort Worth, TX. Updated 7/30/16

Technobuyer

Bronze Supporter
May 29, 2016
fort worth, tx
Started construction on our new pool outside of Fort Worth, TX last Saturday! Gunite got finished today, no small matter given the rain challenges we've had lately.

It's 4' - 8' deep with a diving rock area, and spa. Will have a rock weeping wall above the opposite bench. Still finalizing tile and plaster decisions.

Here's a few pics to kick this off:

Re: New pool build outside of Fort Worth, TX

Your gunite is beautiful, and I love the pool design. And the sunset photo? OMG! It makes me well up. My son would think he was in heaven to have his evening cigar in front of that sunset! Thanks so much for sharing that special photo. Oh, my other son would like the beer photo best! :cheers:

That's a BIG beautiful pool you have started there! Welcome to TFP!
Thanks for posting pictures! We looooovvvveeeee pictures!!!
We love for you to create a signature with all the particulars of your pool. It helps the experts here to better answer any of your questions. Plus, many new people like to know the particulars of pools they like so they can incorporate various elements (like plaster choice) into their build. Also, if you haven't gotten a test kit yet, the TF-100 is the one most folks here use and love.

Looking forward to to seeing more of your progress. If you have chosen your deck/coping/tiles/plaster, we'd love to see pictures of your choices. Did I mention we LOVE pictures??? :)

Blessings!
Denise

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Thanks for the kind words ya'll! So much left to do, but we've made alot of progress considering all the rain, and the fact we only dug last Saturday.

Suz, I really dig your pool(pardon the pun). If I had only seen those steps a few weeks ago...

BDavis,

The answer to your question is yes, kinda.

After they did the steel, the steel guys were worried the walls might cave in before the gunite crews could get there, so they got bags of cement, and spread it out all over the walls, bottom, and topside deck area of the pool. It wasn't a flash coat, but I really think it helped, because it did rain, and hard. They also put plastic out to protect walls.

When the gunite crew was there the next day, they were afraid they might not finish before the rain got there, so they flash coated the pool, before starting to work on the main deal. There was some of the spraying done in lightish rain, but about 1/3 in they called it quits due to rain. They gave the pool another quick flash coat and left for the day. Yesterday, they came back and finished it all up, mostly in the sun. The gunite supervisor, and PB assured me this was not uncommon, and that it would be ok.

The whole dig/shoot wasn't ideal, and it wasn't the way I would have preferred it all go down. But it's done, and I've got lots of pics should the judgement/conditions ever be called in to question later.

you can make the images show up inthe forum by adding
after the url http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/...2-5947-42AD-9DF8-F8D60BD124D2_zps8ly4mji5.jpg
URL]

just remove the leading and trailing space and get this

14A72402-5947-42AD-9DF8-F8D60BD124D2_zps8ly4mji5.jpg

Got some updates! Electrical has been done, except for lights. Plumbing finished. Gas line for heater done. Tile and coping in progress. Also got some prewiring done for low voltage lighting, and added a few outlets, including an outdoor outlet near pool equipment anticipating a Stenner set up.

What do ya'll think about the coping?

Sorry about upside down pic. No amount of editing in photobucket will seem to change the orientation on this post. Even though it's correct in Photobucket.

As an aside, as I look at the plumbing, I'm left wondering how in the world they will replace a valve when one inevitably fails? I wish I had picked up on this while they were doing it...

Looks great. I feel the coping really makes a pool go from good to great; yours is awesome looking. I see what you're saying about the valves. But nothing to worry about. You can simply dig some dirt out if needed to replace. If you have grass around it then you'll have to reseed but they will be able to get to it (just be a bit messy).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.