Dolphin Triton arrives tomorrow

Feb 21, 2016
Houston, TX
Picking out a robot cleaner gave me a huge headache. I'd think I had it figured out, and then I would read another review and overthink things. Finally, I narrowed it down to the Nautilus and the Triton and asked hubby to please just pick one! The Triton was a good midpoint between the Nautilus and the Z5, and I just hope it cleans well. We started with a Hayward Aquanaut suction-side cleaner, and it took forever to do a mediocre job with the pump running near high. After a few weeks of that, we decided a robot might be worth it.

It will arrive tomorrow, and I can't wait to throw it in the pool. Any tips? Any name suggestions?

Since you already went through the headache :), maybe you can help me with a similar decision. As you move up from a Nautilus to a Triton to a Z5 (or S300), what are toy gaining in terms of cleaning power? Set aside additions like caddy and remote. Also, presuming that it's a Nautilus PLUS and a Triton PLUS, it seems access is all from the top. But between a Nautilus Plus and a Z5, the price is almost double. What do you get for that?

Since you already went through the headache :), maybe you can help me with a similar decision. As you move up from a Nautilus to a Triton to a Z5 (or S300), what are toy gaining in terms of cleaning power? Set aside additions like caddy and remote. Also, presuming that it's a Nautilus PLUS and a Triton PLUS, it seems access is all from the top. But between a Nautilus Plus and a Z5, the price is almost double. What do you get for that?

Residential Cleaners[]=1550&cid[]=1578

You made a good choice.

Actually, the Triton is not much more than a Nautilus with a float handle on it. They a basically the same design, same motor and track system. The float handle allows the cleaner to clean teh tile line a bit better. Its a great cleaner and will do a good job for you.

Picking out a robot cleaner gave me a huge headache. I'd think I had it figured out, and then I would read another review and overthink things. Finally, I narrowed it down to the Nautilus and the Triton and asked hubby to please just pick one! The Triton was a good midpoint between the Nautilus and the Z5, and I just hope it cleans well. We started with a Hayward Aquanaut suction-side cleaner, and it took forever to do a mediocre job with the pump running near high. After a few weeks of that, we decided a robot might be worth it.

It will arrive tomorrow, and I can't wait to throw it in the pool. Any tips? Any name suggestions?

You made a good choice.

Actually, the Triton is not much more than a Nautilus with a float handle on it. They a basically the same design, same motor and track system. The float handle allows the cleaner to clean teh tile line a bit better. Its a great cleaner and will do a good job for you.

Thanks so much! That's why we ended up with those two as our final options--very similar, a couple of feature differences, and the ability to add the remote, if we choose!

- - - Updated - - -

Not the plus, just the regular Triton. Top access would be nice, but I was not willing to pay much more for it. :)
I wish I could help you on the difference between the Nautilus Plus and the Z5, but one of the only things I recall is that a float handle allows the cleaner to clean the waterline tile more consistently, as well as helps with pulling it out of the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.