I opened up by bromine pool this spring the same way I have for the past 14 years. Found my brominator did not survive the winter, so I bought and identical replacement. Used last years pucks and didn't see any bromine on test strips. Filled it up with brand new bromine pucks turned the dial to FULL and have been running the pump/filter for 2.5 weeks now. Cannot get any bromine reading at all. The water is clear-ish finally, but what could be wrong?
Is there a chemical reason why the bromine cannot "get into" the water?
- the pool was not drained and had a high-reading when I closed the pool last sept. Therefore should be no issue with bromine reserve.
- I did top up about 8 inches of water with the garden hose, which I do every spring.
- I have verified the brominator is connected properly "in" line just past pump, "out" line just past heater/filter.
- I ran the pump with the brominator "out" disconnected and a strong stream was coming out.
- The test strips are the same ones I have used for 2 years (same jar) and used all winter for spa.
- Bought new test strips and also did a free chlorine and combined chlorine test using my Taylor K-2006 kit.
In-Ground 16'x32' bromine pool., 16.5k GAL