Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool base

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool base

I have seen foam,tarps,etc...anyone see a problem with using horse stall mats??
    Intex 18' x 48" ultra frame with Intex 3000gph Sand Filter, Intex SWG, TFT100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool base

I don't see why not. They'd probably be even nicer than the foam insulation.
    Mac.Dblues and ProfessorDaisy's Lower Arkansas Pool Install
    Intex UltraFrame 20ft x 52in deep, 9,400 Gallons / Approx 78,500 lbs, Intex 1600 GPH, 14" sand filter, Hayward Dyna-Skim SP1091LX, Taylor K-2006, SpeedStir, Sample Sizer
    First Fill May 2014, Deck finished June 2014, Mods happening probably on a continuous basis. Stay tuned.....

3. Back To Top    #3

Sounds expensive but would be nice. Last time I had to move one of those things it was a pita, heavy and floppy, lol

4. Back To Top    #4

They will be fine. Expensive, but If you have them already, go for it! One thing for sure, they will last forever, as they will not give out or rot. Just tape them really good together with gorilla tape of something similar.
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

5. Back To Top    #5

On sale right now for 29. Thought that's about what the foam board is. Unless I'm looking at the wrong thing. We have soft sandy soil. So thought the mats would help hold the pool as well as the feet. And would last for a long time.

6. Back To Top    #6

Perfect, go for it.
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.