Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
These are my readings from this morning:
CYA 50
PH 7.6
FC 2
TA 130

I had an algae problem and did the shocking procedure with bleach to get the algae under control. I have been doing as suggested with adding the daily ppm with bleach at night to make up for the loss with the sun. I can't seem to get the FC level between 4-8 as recommended by the pool calculator. It stays around 2-3 with FC. Is this because of my TA level? Last week the TA was 110. We had rain last night also, so I am not sure how much that would have changed the FC but any suggestions would be helpful. This is a great site by the way.

With a CYA of 50, you want FC to always be 4 or higher. Have you tried raising FC to around 8 in the evening? When you do that, what is the FC level the next evening? One thing to try is to test your FC level 30 minutes after adding chlorine to be sure your chlorine is actually getting into the pool the way you think it is.

TA has no direct relationship with FC. TA mostly affects how the PH varies.

I found the problem. It was a dumb user error. I was using the reagents from last year. I tried the new one I bought a couple weeks ago and my FC shows higher than the 5. I will be ordering the TF kit within the next week. Sorry for the confusion.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.