Perfect reason to go TFPC and stay away from pool store!

May 25, 2016
Clay, NY
File this under "You Can't Make This Stuff UP!". It almost seemed like it was a comedy skit. I went to this particular pool store because I was short on time and was having trouble finding stabilizer. As I was there I noticed an older gentleman speaking to a store employee of maybe 18. They were talking about cloudy water, algae etc. The clerk asked him a question I didn't quite hear, to which the gentleman replied, "I don't know, I am new to all of this." I actually winced when I heard him say that. This is where it gets to look like a comedy skit.

The clerk tells him:
1) You probably need to change the sand in your filter since you don't know how old it is and proceeds to sell him a few bags of sand.
2) Then he takes him to the chemical section and just starts handing him stuff to the point the gentleman was dropping things. He gave him several bags of shock, a jug of PH plus, several bags of stabilizer, a container of clarifier, a huge bucket of chlorine tabs, and a jug of algaecide.
3) He then takes him to the equipment section and sells him some hoses, again because the current ones MIGHT be very old and MAY leak.
4) Oh yeah, you will need a test kit, but also don't forget to bring us samples "SO WE CAN DETERMINE WHAT ELSE YOU MIGHT NEED"!!!!

This dude had to lay out a few hundred bucks, just to start. I turned around to see him on line behind me, arms wrapped around a huge pile of stuff. I told him he probably didn't need 90% of that stuff and to check out this website. He just kind of nodded at me so not sure he took my advice.

So, in summary: DO NOT GO TO THE POOL STORE!!!!!!

attachment.php

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.