Covering your pool when not in use in swim season?

Jun 1, 2016
Wilton, ME
We live in the woods. Things are constantly dropping from trees. The slightest breeze sends all sorts of debris everywhere. Plus, when we mow the lawn, try as we might, grass does tend to fly around.

Do you cover your pool in summer when you're not in it to keep it cleaner? If so, with what? Ours is a 16' Intex metal frame pool. We're getting stairs for it, so we won't be taking them in/out all the time, instead gating the outside stairs.

A solar cover doesn't look like it would keep junk out of the pool (I can imagine everything from on top dumping in when I try to take the cover off.)

A winter cover seems like it's not made for easy removal, and that's what my husband thinks we should get.

Part of me thinks we should just get a large tarp to put over it that we can roll up and store when we're using the pool, and some bungies to hold it down to some weights or to the frame. (Maybe I can convince my husband to DIY a roller thingy for it, or at least a cradle to catch it in on the back side of the pool).

What do you do??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.