Want to replace DB Skimmer with Standard Skimmer

Jun 21, 2008
Central MD
I plan to do some rennovation work to my 20+ year old Doughboy pool this fall to include a new liner, skimmer, return, and rotating the pool wall in order to move the skimmer to opposite side of the pool.

The problem is DBs skimmer is apparently proprietary and my understanding is that they are the only choice for a replacement skimmer. At $150 and no good option to hard plumb, I would like to change to a standard skimmer.

Does anyone know if anyone else makes a skimmer to fit a DB cutout? I've looked and looked, but find nothing.

How hard would it be to patch this cutout and add a new cutout in it's place? Just thinking out loud here . . .. Or maybe just buy a new wall (not a whole pool) that will fit my bottom track and go from there.

ideas?

Sounds like you got some work going :)

It sounds like the best option would be a new wall piece if the new skimmer port would not work, try buying the wide mouth skimmer and see if you can modify the old skimmer location..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.