Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Want to replace DB Skimmer with Standard Skimmer

1. Back To Top    #1

Central MD

Want to replace DB Skimmer with Standard Skimmer

I plan to do some rennovation work to my 20+ year old Doughboy pool this fall to include a new liner, skimmer, return, and rotating the pool wall in order to move the skimmer to opposite side of the pool.

The problem is DBs skimmer is apparently proprietary and my understanding is that they are the only choice for a replacement skimmer. At $150 and no good option to hard plumb, I would like to change to a standard skimmer.

Does anyone know if anyone else makes a skimmer to fit a DB cutout? I've looked and looked, but find nothing.

How hard would it be to patch this cutout and add a new cutout in it's place? Just thinking out loud here . . .. Or maybe just buy a new wall (not a whole pool) that will fit my bottom track and go from there.

24' Round Doughboy AG.
    Usually filled with 3 kids, the wife, and occasionally the dog.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: Want to replace DB Skimmer with Standard Skimmer

Sounds like you got some work going

It sounds like the best option would be a new wall piece if the new skimmer port would not work, try buying the wide mouth skimmer and see if you can modify the old skimmer location..
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **