Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My pool is un level about 2inches!

1. Back To Top    #1

Dunkirk NY

My pool is un level about 2inches!

Hi , I just bought a pool yesterday and it's all filed up today ! I thought the ground was pretty level until it was all filled and I notice this morning the shallow end is leaning towards the end that's holding more water. The pool is 18 by 48 inches and is a Coleman power steel pool. My question is this do I have to un drain this pool and find a level area and re fill it again?!? One end measures 37inches and the other end measures 40inches. This pool cost me 400$ and I don't want it ruined but I also don't want to tear it apart if I don't have too !! Let me know my options thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Quaker Hill, CT

Re: My pool is un level about 2inches!

Your only real solution to your problem is to drain the pool and take it down then relevel the site by digging the high side down to match the low side. A long 2x4 on edge with a 4 foot level should be able to get you level enough for the pool.
    15x30 AG Ovation Fantasy pool all Aluminum frame, 13,000 gal Vinyl Liner
    Pentair Super flo VS, Crystal Flo II 19" sand filter
    Aqua Comfort ACT750 heat pump
    TF-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the new pool!

CJ has you covered here. A little shoveling will get you there. You are looking for level within one inch, or less.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4
    Tucson, AZ

And since no one has mentioned, an out-of-level pool can not only ruin the pool but get someone injured in the event of catastrophic failure. So it's important to get it right.
    Intex 12'x24'x52"
    8,403 gallons
    Intex SF60110 2450 GPH Sand Filter
    Intex CS8110 SWG
    Aquabot AJET121I Pool Rover S20-40